Add this delicious Key Lime Pound Cake to your list of favorite desserts. Perfect for your Easter menu or just celebrating spring! With the temperatures already feeling like summer here in the Sunshine state, we're craving anything and everything refreshing and not too heavy!
Key Lime Pound Cake with Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 sticks butter, that’s 1 pound, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fresh Davidson's key lime juice
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk, (I always keep a good number of those small, 5 ounce cans in my pantry.)
- 4 teaspoons key lime zest, minced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300°. Cover inside of 10 inch tube pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Using a stand-up mixer, beat the butter well until light in color and fluffy. Add the sugar and again beat well for at least 5 minutes. Beat the mixture 10-15 minutes.
- One at a time add the eggs and beat only until the yellow disappears.
- Stir juice, milk, zest and vanilla together.
- Now mixing by hand, gradually flour to the butter-egg mixture alternating with the Davidson's key lime juice and milk mixture. Begin and end with flour. Mix well but just enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour evenly into the tube pan and tap pan on the counter to loosen any air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 15-20 minutes in the pan then transfer from pan to cooling rack and allow to cool another hour or until completely cool.
The cake seven more delicious a day or two after baking - once the juices have marinaded the cake. Yum!
Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Davidson's key lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons key lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a mixer beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Add confectioner’s sugar and beat well until completely smooth and fluffy.
- Add Davidson's key lime juice, zest and vanilla and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Ice cake.
- ENJOY!! :)
*Recipe adapted from the Irreverent Kitchen - theirreverentkitchen.com